If you are kind enough to donate more than £50 your name and address will be checked against the electoral register to ensure that you are eligible to donate. Your name, but not your address, will be made available by the Electoral Commission on request. If you donate more than £1,500 in the course of a calander year your name but not your address will be published as a political donation.
If you donate more than £50 (£50.01) you must be registered to vote in the UK or be donating from a UK registered company or EU registerd company trading in the UK.
All donations will be used as part of my campaign, any surplus funds will be used in support of my political activity and the functions of my office.
A permissible source is:
- an individual registered on a UK electoral register, including overseas electors and those leaving bequests
- a UK-registered company which is incorporated in the UK and carries on business in the UK
- a Great Britain registered political party
- a UK-registered trade union
- a UK-registered building society
- a UK-registered limited liability partnership (LLP) that carries on business in the UK
- a UK-registered friendly or industrial and provident society
- a UK-based unincorporated association that is based in and carries on business or other activities in the UK
The money you use to make a donation must be from your own funds. You must not pass on money to the SNP from a third party. It is an offence not to reveal the true source of a donation.
Promoted by Fraser Thompson on behalf of Joanna Cherry. Both at The Saint Andrew Rooms, 16 North Saint Andrew Street, EH2 1HJ