Visit to CHAI
Last week Joanna went to visit the Community Help and Advice Initiative (also known as CHAI) on Westfield Avenue in the Edinburgh South West constituency. She wanted to meet the team and find out more about what they do and how they help the local community.
CHAI had recently received a £43k grant from the National Lottery for provision of case support for clients, who will gather documents and information, open bank accounts and provide other administrative support meaning that cases will be dealt with more quickly.
CHAI works to provide:
- Homelessness Prevention Advice and Support
- Income Maximisation and Debt Advice Service
- Employability and Tenancy Support
- Free, confidential and high-quality advice, information and representation on welfare rights, housing and debt and money issues in a range of venues throughout Edinburgh
- A supportive and friendly service for people who are looking to find, and keep a job
- Specialist housing and money advice to tenants and homeowners and Tenancy Support for Melville Housing Association tenants.
If you need CHAI’s expertise or support, you can contact them here